Conflict Resolution in Moldova
Sine 2003, I have been involved in various conflict management and settlement efforts in Moldova. Between 2003 and 2009 I regularly visited the southern autonomous region of Gagauzia as part of a project run by the European Centre for Minority Issues on clarifying the competences accorded to Gagauzia in the 1994/5 settlement. In August 2008, I was part of a mission with the EU Special Representative to Komrat to help the local political parties overcome a deadlock after parliamentary elections in Gagauzia earlier that year.
In 2003, and again since 2007, I have been involved in various projects concerning the settlement of the conflict over Transnistria, primarily as a consultant for the OSCE Mission to Moldova, the EU Delegation to Moldova, and the British Embassy in Chisinau. This has included regular visits to both Chisinau and Tiraspol.
This section of the website contains:
- Guarantees and Conflict Settlement Negotiations
- Guarantee Options for a Settlement of the Conflict over Transnistria
- Варианты гарантий для урегулирования Приднестровского конфликта
- Is there a federal solution for the Transnistria conflict?
- Devolution in the United Kingdom: A Model for Moldova?
- A resolvable frozen conflict?
- Russia-Moldova (Ceasefire) Agreement
- CSCE Mandate and Terms of Reference
- CSCE Report No. 13
- Joint Statement of the Presidents of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine
- Primakov Memorandum
- Odessa Agreement on Confidence-building Measures
- Kiev Statement on Normalisation
- Kozak Memorandum
- Mediator Proposals
- Ukrainian Plan
- Moldovan Package Proposals